2. Make sure three reference forms are submitted (preferably directly from) a Pastor, Elder and a suitable other (not family).
3. Have a Skype interview (invitation will be sent on e-mail by school)
4. Receive an answer if you are offered a place as a student (No later than May 31)
5. Confirm that you accept the place as a student for the coming school year
6. Pay the student fund fee, 34.000 NOK, by July 1 of the applicable school year.
- Account number: 1020.07.09654
- IBAN: NO16 1020 2142 368
- BIC: EIDSNO21XXX
- Bank: Eidsberg Sparebank, Storgata 2, 1850 Mysen, Norway
Suggested preparation: any IMPACT summer mission trip
School start: August 19, 2018
School end: July 14, 2019
The Matteson program is to a great extent sponsored by people who recognize its value and donate to the Granheim Foundation, which, in turn, sponsors the students.
Due to the expensive country we are situated in, the program costs about 100.000 NOK (approx. 10'600 Euros) per student. Rather than asking for school fees of this amount, we request the students’ full attention, their time and talents, and a determination to complete the program.
Full time students who complete the school year are supported by the Granheim Foundation with a scholarship of 66.000 NOK (approx. 7'000 Euros). By sponsoring tuition, room and board in Norway, we want to set an example for young people to give, as Jesus freely gave us salvation.
The students are asked to contribute with 34.000 NOK (approx. 3.600 Euros) to the Matteson student fund. This covers expenses related to the mission internship, mission trips, travels, events, accessories and also contributes to the alumni support fund. If personal funds are not sufficient, we recommend applicants to ask their family, home church, friends or others for support. The foundation does not wish lack of money to be a primary reason why potential students are prevented from applying for a valuable education; therefore, if applicants see that they will not be able to raise the full amount, they are asked to indicate this in their application.
Read more about the vision of the Granheim Foundation here.
Highly recommended language course
Even though the school program is in English, many activities make a knowledge of the Norwegian language an advantage. Matteson Mission School offers a language course taking place in the two weeks prior to school start. It is highly recommended to take part in this. The course is free, but participants are asked to contribute with practical work and other tasks needed to be done in connection with the course.
Course start: Aug 7, 2018 (arrival Aug 6)